Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bona Fide

I take my qualifying exams starting tomorrow. Basically, anything I've learned in 4 years of grad school is up for examination. I'm nervous.

But I keep thinking of that scene from "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" where the guy keeps being described as "bonafied". If I pass, I'll be bonafied to start my dissertation. Whoo hoo! 
We've had a fun and busy summer. We spent the 4th at the Ranch and Joey had a blast. Then we went to Christina's wedding. Super fun and I got to play with my high school/college friends. We've made Christina an honorary Charger since all her bridesmaids graduated from Churchill.

We also have become evangelical about drip irrigation. Our garden looks incredibly lush with very little water and much less work. We'll be back to this space more often this Fall. I'm getting through the very hard press of my schoolwork and starting a fellowship in the Fall that will give me some breathing space. Plus Joey starts school in the Fall with Chuck and we have to take dozens of pictures of how cute he'll be in his little uniform!

The river almost runs dry

Fishing with Grandpa and Daddy

Ice Cream for Breakfast

Joeys loves "America's Birthday"

And he loves his flag
Alisha looks awesome with her feathers

Dyan as a robot

Honey as a bouquet monster

Christina arriving

Getting dressed

Katryn looking puurty

No comments:

Post a Comment