Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chicks at 4 Weeks





Photographing chickens is much harder that you would think. Since they are flighty (ahem) they tend to not stand still. This last picture is of my favorite chicken. We are naming her Eliza after Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady. Doesn't she look like one of those crazy ladies with the huge hats at the horse races? She is a white crested black polish. They aren't supposed to be the smartest chickens (on a sliding scale I'm assuming), but she's charming anyway.

We also signed up for the CPS Energy Windtricity program this week. As of May 1, we are 100% wind powered. I had been meaning to sign up for this program, but it slipped my mind. The recent coal mine disaster reminded me that in addition to the environmental cost, our energy sources have enormous human cost. I'm glad San Antonio is offering this option. I know there are some problems with bird and the windmills, but we have to start somewhere. If we don't support the green energy options, it will be hard for the utility companies to make a case to expand the programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment