Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Why I eat dirty veggies



I eat dirty veggies, and I love my dirty veggies. My dirty veggies are pretty, and my dirty veggies are tasty. Most importantly, my dirty veggies are good for my family, and my dirty veggies are good for my community.

My dirty veggies are from my Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). CSAs come in many different forms and can be found all across the globe. Scott Arbor Farms in our local CSA. Once a week, we pick a bag or three of pretty, tasty dirty veggies. They are dirty because they come straight from the ground to our pick-up spot.

My dirty veggies are good for my family. They are nutrient rich. We never know exactly what will be coming so we are constantly thinking of new recipes and trying new food. Mr J loves eating the little trees (broccoli and cauliflower) and roasted kale.

My dirty veggies are good for my community. By buying our veggies from a CSA, we are giving money directly to local, organic farmer. Scott Arbor Farms is a family owned and operated business and has been so for over thirty years.

This week we received french cooking shallots, broccoli, spinach, swiss chard, and lettuce. All are dirty and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment